- 2005 to Present – Curator of Decorative Art & Design, the Cleveland Museum of Art
- 2002 to 2005 – Curator of Decorative Arts, the High Museum of Art, Atlanta
- 2000 to 2002 – Associate Curator of Decorative Arts, the Dallas Museum of Art
- 1996 to 2000 – Assistant Curator of Decorative Arts, the Dallas Museum of Art
- 1994 to 1996 – Curator of Decorative Arts & Technology, the Louisiana State Museum
- Diploma, Attingham Summer School, England
- M.A. in Early American Culture, University of Delaware
- M.S. in Historic Preservation, University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. in British Studies, University of Virginia
- Artistic Luxury: Fabergé, Tiffany, Lalique, Cleveland Museum of Art, October 19, 2008-January 19, 2009; Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco, February 14-May 31, 2009.
- Animals in Art: Creatures by Viktor Schreckengost, Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, April 29, 2006-August 29, 2006.
- The Arts and Crafts Movement in Europe and America, 1880-1920: Design for the Modern World, Cleveland Museum of Art, October 16, 2005-January 8, 2006. Curator of Cleveland venue.
- Reinstallation of Permanent Collection, High Museum of Art, completion June 2005.
- Richard Meier: The Architect as Designer and Artist, High Museum of Art, September 19, 2003-April 2004.
- Out of the Vault: Silver and Gold Treasures, Dallas Museum of Art, September 10-December 10, 2000.
- Co-author with Emmanuel Ducamp and Jeannine Falino. Artistic Luxury: Fabergé, Tiffany, Lalique (Cleveland: CMA, 2008).
- “Helene Kröller-Müller and the Furniture of H.P. Berlage,” in Van Gogh to Mondrian: Modern Art from the Kröller-Müller Museum (Atlanta: High Museum of Art, 2004), 132-139.
- Co-author with Charles L. Venable, Katherine C. Grier, and Ellen Denker. China and Glass in America, 1880-1980: From Tabletop to TV Tray (New York: Abrams, 2000).
- “Painted Furniture at the Dallas Museum of Art.” 1998 Tri Delta Charity Antiques Show Catalog (Dallas: Tri Delta Charity Antiques Show, Inc., 1998), 49-51.
- Contributor. The Dallas Museum of Art: A Guide to the Collection (Dallas: DMA, 1997).
- “The Nineteenth-Century Furniture Trade in New Orleans.” Antiques (May 1997), 748-759.
- “C. Lee: Maker of Bedsteads for the Southern Market.” Maine Antique Digest (April 1994), 28-29a.
- “A Curator’s Odyssey: The Search for the True Identity of 19th-Century Cabinetmaker C. Lee.” Louisiana Cultural Vistas (Spring 1995), 4-7.
- Research Assistant. David Brownlee and David De Long, Louis I. Kahn: In the Realm of Architecture (New York: Rizzoli, 1991).